RSS blog   RSS komentarze





Prinz Eugen (1)

Unfortunately, a few first photos gone with the [censored] from phone, so let started with hull near completed – lost is not very painful, “white” hull build was trivial. (I tried harder and reloaded first photos from card, at last - but "white" hull was trivial) Model’s waterline is a slightly different from construction waterline, by design – aft is a little down, as ship runs high speed.

Deck is basswood thin sheet, flawless, so I could bend deck on bow and glue with hull without problems (contact glue of course, never use water-based or “white glue” etc. for task like this – something will bend for sure). Sprayed with protective fixative (for water-paints etc.) only, for some protection, but I try to keep beautiful and natural surface. All looks great, but needs painful attention and care; it’s very easy to damage or dirt.

Hull profile is simplified, but for me it’s enough. About 200 portholes drilled manually (drill 0.8mm). A little filler here, a little damages of paper surfaces there, unfortunately. Matte grey painting (in all, I use Humbrol’s enamels and brushes) – new enamel was too “heavy”, but with some thinner was much better.

I made one main 20.3cm gun turret on the very beginning, to sure my eyes and fingers remember “what we are talking about”. German WW2 turrets are pretty difficult – this one is not perfect, but I couldn’t bring better – guns made from wires, not like superb kits from accessories manufacturers; surfaces are not perfect; I have no idea how could I make other small parts without etching (like turret ladders).

Light grey enamel for superstructures is disaster – satin in theory, in practice too thin, rough layers, glossy in worst way (in some parts). Maybe it works on plastic, for me total fail. I need to buy light grey matt and matt colourless.

Barbettes, turret and part of superstructure mock-up for photo only – they need a lot of work. Super’s decks will be basswood too, even more delicate sheet and more difficult than main deck… turrets Bruno and Caesar (superfiring) are even more difficult than lower turrets too.
Niestety, parę pierwszych zdjęć z budowy przepadło z telefonu, więc zaczynam od prawie kompletnego kadłuba - ale niewielka strata, gdyż "biały" montaż uproszczonego kadłuba był trywialny. (Udało mi się jednak załadować zdjęcia z karty - ale nadal, "biały" montaż kadłuba jest trywialny) Linia wodna modelu jest nie do końca konstrukcyjna - zrobiłem z rufą nieco obniżoną, jak w czasie rejsu z dużą prędkością.

Pokład z idealnego forniru lipowego, udało się wygiąć na dziobie i skleić bez większych problemów (oczywiście klej kontaktowy, nie winylowy czy wodny! bo wygięłoby się coś na pewno). Pociągnięty tylko werniksem do akwarel w spreju, żeby nieco zabezpieczyć ale nie zruinować pięknej faktury i koloru. Wyszło bardzo ładnie, tyle, że trzeba straszliwie uważać, żeby nie uszkodzić czy pobrudzić.

Burty i rufa o znacznie uproszczonym przekroju, ale dla mnie wystarczające. Do tego koło 200 iluminatorów zrobionych ręcznie wiertłem 0.8mm. Nieco szpachlowania i nieco skaz kartonu, niestety. Malowanie burt matowe (ogólnie, będą Humbrole i pędzle) - nówka emalia o wiele za ciężka, ale po rozcieńczeniu było już ok.

Wieżę artylerii głównej 203mm zrobiłem wcześniej "na rozgrzewkę", żeby sprawdzić czy paluchy i oczy pamiętają o co w tym chodzi. Niemieckie wieże z tego okresu są IMO trudne, i moja nie jest idealna, ale chyba lepiej nie będzie - lufy drut zamiast toczonych z zestawów, płaszczyzny nie do końca idealne, nie wiem czy zrobię akcesoria (np. drabina na wieżę, bez fototrawienia będzie trudna).

Emalia jaśniejsza do nadbudówk itp. okazała się katastrofą - miała być satyna, ale jest za rzadka, robi zacieki, błyszczy i to miejscami. Może na plastiku "działa", u mnie jak widać, totalna porażka. Żeby działać dalej muszę dokupić jasnoszary matt i lakier matowy bezbarwny.

Elementy barbet, nadbudówki i wieża ustawione tylko do zdjęcia, wymagają sporo pracy jeszcze. Pokłady nadbudówek też będą z forniru lipowego, jeszcze delikatniejszego i znacznie trudniejsze niż główny... podobnie wieże Bruno i Caesar (górne) są jeszcze trudniejsze niż dolne.


Prinz Eugen

Prinz Eugen

Prinz Eugen

Prinz Eugen

Prinz Eugen
_________________________
Author/Autor: Boni
When/Kiedy: 2014-03-31, poniedziałek
Kategorie:  ships, scratchTagi:  Kriegsmarine, Prinz_Eugen





Licence/Licencja:
Creative Commons License

Last posts/Ostatnie wpisy:


Last comments/Ostatnie komentarze:


Link-roll:
Battleship Bismarck Dreadnought Project
Naval Weapons
Prinz Eugen

Other/Inne:
Personal blog (polish)
Our cars / Szrotwageny (polish)



Valid HTML 4.01 Strict

powered by PHP


Engine: Anvil 0.60   BS 2012-2014